Many times I ponder when I am alone
Thinking about my life and daily routine
Work, house chores and people around me
I was an idealist , trying to see the good in everyone
And positive in daily circumstances of life…
Many times because of my idealistic behaviour
I have suffered… been in pain…
Let people take advantage of me…
Now I am at a stage in life …
Where I have turned into a realist..
I see things and people for who they are…
It is good to be aware of situations and people..
But I still suffer and I am in pain from time to time..
When I realise how polluted situations and people can be…
I am angry and upset…
Trying to deal with all this… We get polluted in the process too…
And then start to wonder why it needs to be like this?
I do not want to do any name calling…
Put anyone down.. yell.. get upset…
But I do all this from time to time…
Aren’t we all responsible to see the good and do the good?
Pull each other up when someone is upset and don’t know how to deal with situations/emotions?
Maintaining a good heart and mind has never been so important…
And deal wisely with people who are polluted without getting dirty yourself..
Stand up.. raise your voice…
But be respectful… be compassionate… be kind… (to yourself and others!)

6 comments:
Thoughtful!!!
The only way out in such situations is to live each moment with detachment to such polluted situations and people.
Life is too precious and beautiful to let somebody else punish your inner child :)
I understand and have been in similar situations as well. I wonder sometimes when I look at myself now vs 10 years ago and wonder if that bubbling naivety and happiness is gone forever. Then I realize that I have grown as a person and losing that is a part of growing. Gain something lose something. I try to go back and relive but I cannot because my lessons try to protect me from pain. I have now come to a realization that people do what they want. I cannot control them. The only thing I can and should control is how I react and how I look out for myself. It is foolishness to expect anyone to look out for and for myself to not look out for me. It is not selfish to standup for myself. It is absolutely my birthright. Yes, this does cost me some relationships but those were toxic anyway. It still hurts but I am at peace knowing that I am doing the best for myself and I have the courage to do it.
Agreed! Just practicing detachment is so hard especially with the ones close to us! And the ones close to us are the troublemakers :)
Thank you for sharing your experiences and good to hear it has moulded you and made you a stronger person! More strength to you :)
Thank you!
Post a Comment