Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First International Trip…

...Welcome to San Bruno, California, USA...
I started on Aug 28th from Bangalore-Dubai-Washington DC-San Bruno! 30hrs of flight, I was totally exhausted and jet lagged for couple of days. I thought Bangalore International Airport was huge, only to realize that Dubai Airport was much bigger (& extremely beautiful) and Washington’s even more huge!!

[The place where I am currently staying]

The San Bruno City’s weather is very pleasant (although the first 2 days after I landed were pretty cold & windy). It is a very peaceful city with less people on roads & no traffic what so ever, it’s such a relief for a change! Everything here works differently rather VERY SYSTEMATICALLY, the cars/traffic rules (pedestrians are treated like god!), electric plug points, cooking stove, carpeted floors everywhere, and huge supermarkets with so many variety of products!! It’s too very organized and surprisingly every single person follows it! It can get kinda annoying for a person who is from a place where nobody cares about anything:)!

Food is pretty good here, I get to eat rice at the cafeteria everyday so I am happy.

Hoping to see few more cities and find out more about this country during my stay… So stay tuned :)

5 comments:

Arti said...

WOWW... a sweet post nandu... i can see the excitement in your words :)...ya keep us posted with more such blogs

Arti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krithi said...

cool!! congrats!
but u could've called / informed us before leaving....

Prasanna said...

Was just wondering why you haven't told anyone before leaving!!!

Very disappointed.

Well, Good Luck and have fun.

Sohani said...

I had a blog when I first visited this country ..
Only thing I do now is work :)
enjoy this phase ...
Try going to SanFrancisco over the week end
Its close to your place and its lovely. Especially the tram ..and the golden gate bridge